Cultural awareness sessions suitable for corporate, community and private groups deliver an awareness of country, people, society, environment, science and history through public speaking, artefacts displays and traditional music.
Josh ‘Koomal” can meet up with your group on location, or you can meet him within the Margaret River ‘Cape to Cape’ or ‘Warren Blackwood’ regions.
Koomal Dreaming holds a food license and can cater native food tastings, refreshments, BBQ lunches and campfire dinners customised to compliment and enhance your cultural experience.
Contact email@example.com for further information.
Koomal Dreaming Education programmes are designed to create and awareness of culture, country, and environment through interactive and hands on learning experiences.
Offered within the Margaret River ‘Cape to Cape’ and ‘Warren Blackwood’ regions a range of experiences are available including:
- 1.5 hour Cultural Awareness Sessions
- Cultural tours, guided bush and coastal walks
- Ngilgi Cave dreaming stories and didgeridoo cave experience
- Campfire cultural sessions for school camps
Cultural Sessions can be customised to suit individual needs, curriculum requirements, specific age groups and school camp programmes.
Sessions can include the following:
- Brief overview of local area and traditional lifestyles of the Wadandi people
- Aboriginal 6 Seasons and how this influences what is foraged/hunted and eaten
- Interconnectedness between Aboriginal people, plants, animals and landscape
- Explain what is “Connection to Country”
- Traditional fire lighting demonstration
- Artefact and tool display
- Interactive didgeridoo music session
- Dreaming stories
Josh ‘Koomal’ Whiteland has worked within the Education Department for over ten years and is familiar with cultural curriculum requirements. All of the Koomal Dreaming staff hold ‘Working with Children’ licenses.
Koomal Dreaming holds a food license and can cater native food tastings, refreshments, BBQ lunches and campfire dinners to complement and enhance student learning experiences.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and pricing.
We partner with a number of local businesses to deliver immersive experiences for camp programmes including: